The government last week dissolved the Burkina Journalists' Association (AJB), a day after police arrested its president, Guezouma Sanogo, and his deputy, Boukari Ouoba.
The arrests came after Sanogo criticised "attacks on the freedom of expression and the press" in the west African country at an AJB congress.
A third journalist, Luc Pagbelguem, was taken in for questioning after reporting Sanogo's remarks.
The three men appeared in a video widely shared since late Wednesday on pro-junta social media accounts.
In it, they appear to be inside a military barracks in a rural area, with shaved heads and in military fatigues, and are answering questions from a soldier.
Reporters Without Borders (RSF) condemned the video.
"To force journalists to relay state propaganda under duress is an unacceptable violation of the freedom of the press, which bears witness to a regime incapable of tolerating criticism," the group said in a statement.
It said that "six journalists" have been "requisitioned into the army in less than a year".
Burkina Faso has seen numerous abductions of people viewed as critical of the military authorities since Ibrahim Traore took power in a coup in 2022.
The country has become caught in a spiral of violence blamed on jihadists that has spilt over from neighbouring Mali and Niger.
NGOs have reported cases of people being forcibly recruited into the security forces to be sent to fight jihadists, following a mobilisation order in 2023.
Related Links
Africa News - Resources, Health, Food
Subscribe Free To Our Daily Newsletters |
Subscribe Free To Our Daily Newsletters |